Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall doesn't have to mean dull...

It is finally fall! That to me means hot cocoa, snuggling, fires, and most of all time to pull out the the fall clothing!! Now I know everyone thinks fall means dull, dark colors but I'm here to say its time for a change. I don't know about y'all but I LOVE color. So here is one of my first fall looks and my makeup of course.

 

This is the mark. Wrap Star Dress and it is $36. This is a true wrap dress so it works for all body types. I adore the coloring. I know this picture is not the best but this was when I first got the dress I was so excited to put it on. Here is a better picture of the coloring and my lovely little family(:

It is so rich and bold yet refined at the same time. The 3/4 sleeve makes it perfect for fall. Now I know what you are saying, "Kayla you are in sandals that isn't fall clothing" but look at how else you can wear it using the mark. Do The Tight Thing tights ($18 for set of 2) and the Straight Up Sassy heels ($40).

Can you say Uhhh-MAZING! And the heels have a purple snakeskin heel that makes them even more perfect. Now that I know you are in love with this dress like me hehe let me go on to my makeup.



 

Ok so here's how to get this look:

 

  1. Moisturize skin with mark. Get A Tint Tinted Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15. Then, using a makeup sponge apply Got the Goods Multi-Benefit Foundation Lotion SPF 15 to entire face. Apply Good Riddance Hook Up Concealer under eyes & around nose. Set the foundation with Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation.
  2. Prep eyelids with mark. Primed for Perfection, make sure to apply to entire lid & along lower lashes. Apply the Moonshine I-mark eyeshadow to inner half of lid. Then, apply Luvstruck I-mark eyeshadow to the center of your eyelid overlapping the silver a little. Next, apply Jazzy I-mark eyeshadow to the outer half of the eyelid overlapping the pink a little. Lastly, apply Plum Velvet I-mark eyeshadow to outer corner of lid and into the crease. Then take a blending brush and blend all shades together so there are no harsh lines. Take a wet eyeliner brush with Plum Velvet mixed with a little Jazzy line your upper lashes and extend line slightly beyond corner of eye. Apply the same Plum Velvet and Jazzy mix on the outer corner of lower lashes. Then with a dry brush smudge your line. Highlight under brow and inner corner of eye with Ice Age I-mark shadow. Apply 2 coats of mark. Lash Act Build and Define Mascara in Blackest Black on upper lashes.
  3. Contour face with Glowdacious Illuminating Powder in Shimmied Up, applying it to hollows of cheeks & along hairline. Apply Just Blushing Powder Blush in Afterglow to apples of cheeks. Highlight with Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All Over Face Palette on cheekbones & down nose.
  4. Apply lip click in petal from the M.Powerment Gift Set to finish look.

Did you know that October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month?

Pick up mark.'s M.Powerment gift set (or any of mark.'s m.Powerment items) & 100% of the net proceeds from the sale are donated directly to m.powerment by mark., a philanthropic initiative dedicated to breaking the cycle of dating abuse and partner violence.

Wear. Share. Make a Difference.

As always you can get all the items I mentioned here through my e-boutique. www.mymarkstore.com/KaylaFord

Thanks for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment